The Basin FAQ
General Basin Questions1. Who are The Basin?
The Basin is a Star Wars: The Old Republic guild that is part of The Amazon Basin, a community of friends playing games with a distinct and independant guild presence in several different game worlds. For more information on who we are, please visit the About Us section. 2. How do I get into the in-game guild?
In order to get into the guild in the game; that is, to get the tag above your character's head, you need to be a Basin Member or Community Member on the forums. 4. Why do some people call others by names that are different than their character's names?
A lot of people refer to each other by their forum, or real life names. For example, people might not refer to someone as "Lasque", but as "Cres," "CW," "Pat," "Imperial Running Dog" (don't ask), etc. Usually, people won't care which type of name you use, but a few do - so it's a good idea to ask beforehand.
5. Who is in charge here?
8. What are The Basin's goals? We are all about cooperative play, working together to achieve both group and individual goals. We have a number of crafters and merchants, dedicated to fair and honest trade of high-quality goods, and just as many folks who choose to persue more combat-oriented or scientific professional paths - and everything in between. We are, in general, laid-back, with a range of playstyles from casual to more hardcore, as well as having many who are deeply interested in the strategy and statistics of SWTOR. 9. Does The Basin have in-game race and/or professional requirements and/or restrictions?
The Basin places no requirements or restrictions on character race, profession, or skills. 10. What about Roleplaying? The Basin does not require roleplaying, and we neither particularly encourage nor discourage it. There are some enthusiasts among us, but there are just as many who prefer to communicate completely out-of-character. We respect each other's playstyles, but don't have an official stance either way. 11. I'm interested in The Basin. What do I do next? Please visit the Want In? section for pertinent information.
Chat Channel(s)1. What is the Basin's main chat channel, and how do I join it?
There are really two of them. One is the public channel, which you join by joining custom channel basin.
The second is the guild's private chat channel, which is only accessible to guild Members.
2. What do I do if the chat channel isn't up?
You can create it. All you need to do is make sure it's titled "Basin", in the Chat header.
3. What is the channel there for?
The Basin chat channel provides a means of communicating with your friends, no matter where you are. A lot of joking around, general chatting, and announcements are made in that channel.
4. People are always saying something, then following it with "mt". What does this mean?
"mt" stands for "mistell". It's when you send a message to the wrong chat channel (something for /gu is sent to /g, etc). It's very easy to do this in an MMO.
5. Why isn't anyone talking? Did I do something that makes everyone in the channel ignore me??
This happens pretty often. Sometimes, when there's not a lot of people on, or when everyone who is on is absorbed in what they're doing, they won't say anything in Basin chat. The channel goes deathly silent for half an hour or more because of this - it's not because of any one person.
818 members have made 78492 posts in our forums.
There are currently 0 people in our forums.
|The Amazon Basin Community|
|Home|||||Diablo II|||||Diablo III|||||Star Wars|||||World of Warcraft|||||Guild Wars|
Contact the Site Administrator
Copyright and Trademark