- They spawn in groups of 2-4: all but one are always Champion, with the remaining having an equal chance of being Champion, Berserker, Fanatic, Ghostly or Possessed. 
- If the following spawn as Champions, any minions receive the life and level bonuses of Unique minions:
- For all Champion types except Berserkers, level is normally monster level +2: this level is used for chance to hit, aura and curse level calculation, selecting relevant MonLvl values to calculate base attack rating and damage of all types, and the clvl/mlvl modifier applied to experience when clvl < mlvl; base level continues to be used to calculate base defense, life and experience.  
- Ignore Target's Defense does not apply but -% Target Defense from items is 100% effective.
- Freeze length chills instead; only minions can be frozen.
- Stun length only has 10% chance of being applied, but suffers no other penalty.
- Effects altering AI cannot be applied directly.
- +% Damage from Champion bonuses is halved then rounded down when applied to Willowisp Champion melee physical damage due to a now undocumented change in 1.13.   
- Life drained by Open Wounds is halved.
- Unlike other Champion types, Berserker level is monster level +3 (the same as Unique monsters and their minions): this level is used for chance to hit, aura and curse level calculation, selecting relevant MonLvl values to calculate base attack rating and damage of all types, and the clvl/mlvl modifier applied to experience when clvl < mlvl; base level continues to be used to calculate base defense, life and experience.  
- They are easily identifiable since they are translucent.
- Cold damage does not increase with player count, but a critical hit will double it. 
- Damage Resist is set to 80%. This even applies to Immune to Physical monsters: although Immune to Physical will still be displayed, physical damage will harm them, and DR -% applied by Decrepify and Amplify Damage will still be 100% effective, not 20%.  
Although the Barbarian War Cry
's physical damage obviously doesn't damage the Immune to Physical Champion Blood Lord
, it does damage the 'Immune to Physical' Ghostly Blood Lord
since it has actually been set to DR 80%.