I don't expect this of you, but if you want to help me, I would be grateful.
In the sewers below our city, there lurks a horrid creature that hungers for human flesh. The creature has killed many, including my son and my husband.
If you destroy it, I will reward you. Please be careful though, that beast has taken enough from us already.
The sewer entrance is through the trap door just up the street.
There are two entrances to the sewers, I believe. One of them is right near here, down by the water beneath the docks. I can see it from my ship, and you can bet I keep an eye on it every night.
- First entrance to Sewers Level 1 mentioned by Atma is up the street, a trap door guarded by Greiz. However, second entrance can be found down stairs from docks, left of Meshif in south corner of Lut Gholein: this is preferred, since exit to Sewers Level 2 is most often to left or right of this entrance, in southwest or southeast corners. Turn right first, but turn back if sewers turn left to north for great length. If exit cannot be found to left close to docks entrance, go north to exit in northwest corner.
- Waypoint on Sewers Level 2 can normally be found most quickly by going left from entrance, while exit to Sewers Level 3 can normally be found most quickly by going left from waypoint (or right from entrance).
- Radament can normally be found most quickly by going left from entrance to Sewers Level 3: quest notification icon will appear in bottom-left corner of screen when near.
If you're going to fight that thing, use some common sense. Be knowledgeable about what harms the undead. Poison, for instance, will have little effect.
- Upon death, holy bolts radiate outwards, killing all remaining undead in area. Radament drops Book of Skill, requiring 2x2 inventory space to pick up. Right-click to use, gaining one skill point.
- Radament guarded a golden chest, containing Horadric Scroll requiring 2x2 inventory space to pick up: doing so will trigger the Horadric Staff quest.
They say that the taste of vengeance is bittersweet, but I find it to my liking.
In addition to my undying gratitude, I have spoken on your behalf with the rest of the townspeople. The merchants have agreed to show their gratitude by offering their wares and services at lower rates.
Oh... Jerhyn wants to see you, too. You'll find him in front of the palace.
- 10% discount applies to cost of items bought anywhere in Lut Gholein after killing Radament, even without talking to Atma. Discount does not apply to items gambled, repaired or sold to them.
- Discount does not sum with Reduces All Vendor Prices, but is applied separately: combined with Reduces All Vendor Prices 30%, cost of items bought is reduced by 37% (10 + (90*30/100) ).